If you have a lease of premises that you would like to transfer and a business that you would like to sell, we are on hand to work with you and any agent to relieve you of these responsibilities as quickly as possible.
We will draft a sale contract and be pro-active and commercial in obtaining the necessary consent from your landlord and dealing with any enquiries from your buyer.
What to consider if you are assigning a lease and selling a business:
- How much is your business worth?
- Do you need permission from your landlord before you can sell?
- Do the premises require maintenance repairs?
- Do you have a rent deposit to claim back?
- Are there restrictions in the lease which affect to whom you can sell?
- What do you want to achieve? Would it be better to sub-let rather than sell?
If you are a landlord that is being asked for consent to an assignment, we can act on your behalf in drafting the necessary documentation and advise you on how best to protect yourself from an unsatisfactory tenant.
What to consider if you are a landlord being asked to consent to an assignment:
- What checks are you going to carry out on the proposed new tenant?
- Do you require a rent deposit?
- Do you require the current tenant to guarantee the obligations of the new tenant?
We also provide the following services:
- Advising both landlords and tenants in the granting and taking of commercial leases
- Renewing business leases
- Lease Assignments
- Advising landlords and tenants in respect of lease surrenders, licences, rent deposit deeds etc