Probate Solicitors in Barnet
After a person has died the law requires that someone takes responsibility for all their personal affairs and worldly possessions and ensures that they are passed on to their new owners. Responsibility to carry out these final duties exists whether or not a person has made a will.
Who takes this responsibility? The person, or more usually the people (there can be up to four), who takes on the task is called the deceased’s Personal Representative. In a Will they are usually named as the executors. If there is no Will they are referred to as the administrators.
Do I need a solicitor for this? No, you may decide to do this yourself. However, most executors or administrators do appoint a solicitor as it ensures that matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient fashion. A lawyer can also start tackling the trickier elements of the estate which may not always be apparent to an individual. Using a solicitor also re-assures the beneficiaries who are not executors that someone independent is looking after matters and this can prove to be valuable after the loss of a loved one.
We can handle the probate process for you. We will be pleased to provide sympathetic and expert guidance to ensure that the estate is dealt with efficiently and effectively, with the minimum of delay.
How much will probate cost? We offer fixed fees which are completely transparent.
Our service includes:
- Ascertaining the value of the deceased’s estate.
- Obtaining authority from the Probate Registry to administer the estate.
- Completing all Inheritance Tax Forms and Paying any Inheritance Tax due.
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration.
- Distributing the balance of the estate to those who are entitled (the beneficiaries).
- Advice on how to deal with matters for beneficiaries that have particular needs including minors.
To learn more about our probate services contact Ruth Hayward on 020 3667 4784 or email at email@example.com
Your initial, informative half-hour consultation is only £60 plus VAT. Find the answers you have been looking for, today!